List your other team members below
Which project did your team choose?
2-liner description of the project?
Socket.IO is node.js framework that enables real-time bidirectional event-based communication.
It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
What will each team member’s role be?
(Tentative) Sarah will function as Project Manager, Josh will be in charge of our Github repo (approve merges, etc), and Ryan will be in charge of communicating with project contributors.
These roles will all overlap.
Source Code Repository URL?
List your upstream Mentor’s below:
We’re still working on this part!
How will you communicate with them? (i.e. IRC Channel, Email Addresss, mail lists, issue trackers, etc…)
What are the easy parts?
- Sifting through documentation – it’s great
- Contacting and communicating with contributors – they have a Slack server
- Finding material on the library – they have a huge following.
What are the hard parts?
- Finding out specific roles of contributors
- Team communication and workflow
- Understanding the code base
How will you overcome both?
- Gather all the information we can from existing info on the blog, the website, and the Github repo
- Present ourselves to the Slack community and find specific liaisons
- Start a draft of the report
- Run the Git by a Bus report
- Finalize the report/blog post and fill in any missing info